Saturday, April 7, 2018

I'm Playing With Altenew - YEA

Our wonderful sponsor for April is Altenew.  I know this company is a favorite of so many, so I'm sure you are thrilled to see our Altenew is our Sponsor.

The prize for April is  a $30 gift certificate 

Altenew

Die%20Cutting%20Machine%201.jpgAltenew’s Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine is the compact and portable must-have tool for your craft room! It is designed to work with Altenew dies (sold separately) and other wafer-thin metal dies. It can be used to quickly and easily die cut a variety of materials, including cardstock and Altenew specialty papers, and will help you add texture and dimension to your projects. The elegant and clean design will look wonderful on your craft desk, secured on its stable base with suction feet.

Machine size: 6" x 4 1/2" plus handle.” Cutting plate size: 3" x 6 1/4" Product weight: 2 lb 3 oz

Check here to order Altenew's Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine.
I'll show you the cards first and then how I made them




Second card made after

Close-up of second card below.


Shattered Triangle Dies come in two sizes and with several triangles, both with holes and without.  I used the large size and took time to glue them all together.  I started with the inner circle of six (6) triangles, then kept adding.  That's a lot of triangles, but I was determined to see how I could make a template to use for backgrounds.  It works.  I may even build it out more in a vertical way, then the orderly way it is now.  
Close-up of the triangles panel.

I thought I'd share a photo of the template after inking too. Pretty cool, eh?



Supplies:

Altenew Shattered Triangle Die Set
Elizabeth Craft Designs Stitched Rectangles
Sizzix thinlits Friend (hello)
Distress Oxide inks (abandoned coral, fired brick, picked raspberry and candied apple on first card) Fired Brick and some other red oxides on the 2nd card.
Vagabond die cut machine

Arlene and the Die Cut Divas

1 comment:

Michelle N. said...

What gorgeous backgrounds!